Friday, January 23, 2009

Mommy moment

I have no pictures for this post because I couldn't find my camera before we left, but I will do my best to describe it to you.
Aviry's gymnastics class changed from Thursday night's to Tuesday nights, because the Thursday class was down to 2 kids,which broke my heart because I teach on Tuesday nights and that meant I no longer was able to go to gymnastics and watch Aviry. We got a call and we had an option to change back to Thursdays if we wanted to, I was so excited because now I was part of it again. So last night was the first time I was able to watch everything I had missed the last month. My mom came with us too. So, they came out of their area and said we are going down stairs to the big beam, so we stayed upstairs to watch, because it is kinda like a big balcony where you can see the big gym downstairs. My mom and are were talking and my mom said Missy, look! I looked over and there was my baby girl up on the big beam walking all the way across by herself. She stood proud, hands on her hips, and pointed her toes as she walked. I was just in awe of what my little girl has accomplished. I mean this is a very high beam, and Aviry did it so great, I was so proud of her!!! She is growing up so fast and she continues to amaze me every day. I just love her so much!!

3 comments:

stephrojas said...

I love moments like that! Awesome!!! Tell Aviry I'm very proud of her! Gymnastics was always my thing as a kid...the one thing I wish I would have stuck with! I was actually pretty good but seemed to be so caught up in watching the advanced girls in amazement, and always told myself "I'll never be that good so why am I here!" I wish I would have shared that messed up though w/ someone so they could have set me straight, but I never did! I just gave up! I want Aleigh to do Gymnastics so bad! She would LOVE it! She doesn't want to do dance next year...we'll see! That's amazing for Aviry though...that high beam is an awesome accomplishment!!!

The Beckstead's said...

Nothing's better than watching your child accomplish new things and reaching new heights.

Tawn said...

That is awesome! Way to go Aviry! And even though you wernt' able to capture pics, it's still so nice to hear about things like this! Shan used to do gymnastics! We have memories in her scrapbook. I really miss her being a little girl! Enjoy it!!! Before you know it Aviry and Ella will be teens like mine!