Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Update time











It has been a while since I updated our blog.....so here is what has been happening over the past 2 weeks. When we brought Ella home she was a little jaundice so we were having to take her to the hospital to get her heel pricked twice a day to keep track of her levels, on Monday night we had lights delivered to our house. She had to be under them at all times except for feeding and changing. It was very hard seeing her in there and not being able to hold her whenever we wanted. We were able to take her off the lights on Wed. It was sure nice to have that behind us, but we still had to more heel pricks ahead to make sure her level stayed down. Some of the pricks didn't bother her and some really hurt, it always depended on who did it.




I think my car could drive it's self to St. Marks by now. The last month of my pregnancy I was there 3 times a week and we had to go twice a day after we came home for Ella's blood work. All is back to normal now. I go back to teaching tonight, I am excited to see all my students, but am going to miss my girls at home. Luckily I am only gone a few hours. I am very lucky to have the schedule I do. I am at the studio twice a week, Tuesdays from 4:30-6:30 and Wed. from 4:30-7:00. Other than that I work from home on the computer.



Ella is changing everyday. She is so adorable and we all just love having her. Aviry loves being a big sister!! My biggest challenge as a mom of 2 kids is bedtime. If Aviry wakes up crying for me as soon as I get up to comfort her, Ella wakes up to eat. Then I have both my girls crying for me at the same time!! Things are going really well, I love our new life!

1 comment:

stephrojas said...

I know how you feel. Jaundice is no fun! Aleigh was under the lights for 8 days! I got to take her out for feedings and changes, and to get her heel pricked every morning at the hospital. She didn't have lights that came over the top though. She just layed on the lights. Your lucky that Ella only had to be under the lights for a couple of days! She looks great! Is it just me, or does she look a lot like Scott?
Your girls are adorable!!! I am glad everyone is happy and healthy!