So, I am sitting on my couch holding Ella while she sleeps in my arms, and am having one of those emotional moments where you just don't know why life has to move so fast. My baby is growing up so fast. And my first baby is 4! I love my girls so much, and I just want to hold them tight and move at a slower pace. As many of you know a special little guy in our life has been at Primary Children's fighting for his life, and has made a complete 180 & is now showing significant signs of improvement and might be able to go home soon. His mother couldn't hold him for 10 days, I will never forget the moment I saw him in person hooked up to so many machines, on complete life support, tubes everywhere, as a mother I just lost it. I couldn't help but think, what if this were my child. And I just cried in his mothers arms.....her comforting me! I felt terrible for breaking down like that. And I will never forget the night he was admitted, laying in bed holding Ella checking on Aviry every so often, clenching my cell phone waiting for the next update, then getting a call from my mom saying the Dr. said he might not make it. My heart sank. Life is precious, and we can't take things for granted. We know another wonderful 12 year old girl who is beginning her battle against cancer. Once again, that phone call stopped me too. The only thing we know for certain is change is inevitable. I am so grateful my family is healthy, as long as we have that we have a hell of a lot to be grateful for. Having my girls has changed my life forever, it has made it better than I ever thought life could be. This is what life is all about. All the little moments, like when Aviry comes up to me and says mommy, you are the best mommy ever! Or when Ella wakes up and calls out mama. Watching those 2 together is amazing, they love each other so much and make each other laugh all the time. I just feel so grateful to have my family, each and every one of them, some I have had my whole life, others I married into and 2 of them came to me after I met the love of my life. Scott- thank you for making me a wife and mother, you have given me so much to be grateful for and I love you so much! I have an amazing family, I LOVE YOU ALL!
Ok, it's 11:00 I am going to bed. This blogging your feelings is pretty therapeutic!
2 comments:
WOW! What a great post! You about made me lose it! I agree with you, LIFE IS SO VERY PRECIOUS! And having our health is the most important! WE ARE SO BLESSED! It breaks my heart in two when I hear of kids that battle cancer or any other kind of illness! I love saying special little prayers for them! We both are so LUCKY to have healthy kids and such great families! I thank GOD EVERY SINGLE DAY!
So yeah, I'm crying now. I agree with you 100%. Life is so precious and we tend to take the little things for granted every single day. Its so sad but very true. And when it comes down to it, all we have are our relationships with those we love. Kids is the greatest blessing anyone could ever have. They make you stop and realize what is truly important in life. I loved this post! Thanks for the reminder!
Post a Comment